Call for Papers
The Malaysian Plant Protection Society (MAPPS) is pleased to organize the 10th International Conference on Plant Protection in the Tropics (10th ICPPT) from 06-08 August, 2018, at Melaka International Trade Centre (MITC) Melaka, Malaysia. You are cordially invited to participate in the conference.
The 10th ICPPT with the theme “Revolutionising Plant Protection Towards Agriculture 4.0” will focus on developments in the science of plant protection and discuss challenges faced by researchers, practitioners and consumers on problems related to plant protection. The programme will accommodate a keynote address with two plenary papers, concurrent oral sessions and poster presentations.
The conference will cover the following subjects:
- Plant Pathology
- Biocontrol and Biopesticide
- Biosecurity and Invasive species
- Biotechnology and Diagnostic Advancement
- Epidemiology and Modelling
- Good Agriculture Practices
- Pesticide Science
- Pest Management
- Pesticide Application Technology
- Urban Pest Management
- Vertebrate Pests
- Weed Science
For more information:
Download Brochure 10th ICPPT updated 4th July (PDF file) for details on conference fee and payment information.
Online registration is available at the following URL:
Submission of abstracts (updated June 22, 2018)
Abstracts submissions are for oral or poster presentations. Submission deadline is July 15, 2018 to email@example.com. Please send your abstract, together with information on the presenting author, as an attachment per e-mail before the deadline.
Please see the guidelines for abstract submission and oral/poster presentation: Submission-of-abstracts-10th-ICPPT [PDF].
Example template for Abstract submission (updated June 4, 2018).
In addition, updates will be regularly posted on the MAPPS website
**Important deadlines (Updated July 4, 2018)
- Abstracts due:
June 30, 2018July 15, 2018
- Acceptance notice of abstract:
June 21, 2018July 16, 2018
- Payment due:
July 15, 2018July 20, 2018
**Payment Information (Updated May 22, 2018)
Below are the details for the payment instructions. Direct bank transfers in RM/USD should be routed to:
Account name: MALAYSIAN PLANT PROTECTION SOCEITY
Bank name: Maybank, Taman Sri Serdang Branch, Selangor, Malaysia
Account no.: 012147500839
Swift code: MBBEMYKL
Students should provide a valid proof of current student status. Delegates will receive a receipt after payment is successfully received.
MAPPS Education Thrust Fund (ETF)
Please refer to the following document for more details 10th ICPPT ETF Sponsorship updated 4th July
ICPPT Advertisement and Booth Rates
Please refer to the following document: Sponsorship letter (PDF)
Travel and Hotel Information
Please refer to the following document: Travel and hotel infomation [DOCX]
- April 6, 2018: Example template for Abstract submission (updated April 6, 2018).
- May 22, 2018: Brochure 10-ICPPT 2018 updated, now available, important dates & datelines updated.
- May 23, 2018: ICPPT Advertisement and booth rates (SPONSORSHIP Letter).
- June 4, 2018: Abstract submission guidelines and Abstract sample template update.
- June 22, 2018: Updated conference brochure; submission and payment deadline extensions, MAPPS ETF Sponsorship details.
- June 27, 2018: Travel and hotel information added.
- July 4, 2018: Brochure, Important deadlines and ETF Sponsorship updated. Conference tour information added.
Secretariat of 10th ICPPT
Department of Plant Protection, Block E,
Universiti Putra Malaysia,
43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Phone: +603-8947 4950 (Dr Mohd Aswad)/ +603-8947 4854 (Dr. Sumaiyah)
Fax: +603-8938 1014