Call for Papers
11th International Conference on Plant Protection in the Tropics (11th ICPPT)
14th – 15th September 2022,
Aloft Langkawi Pantai Tengah, Langkawi,
“Treasuring the Present, Sustaining the Future”
We would like to invite you to present your valuable research paper at the 11th International Conference on Plant Protection in the Tropics (11th ICPPT) from 14 – 15 September 2022, at Aloft Langkawi Pantai Tengah, Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia organized by MALAYSIAN PLANT PROTECTION SOCIETY (MAPPS). As host, it is hoped that you can give strong support in attending this conference.
The 11th ICPPT with the theme “Treasuring the Present, Sustaining the Future” will focus on developments in the science of plant protection and discuss challenges faced by researchers, practitioners, and consumers on problems related to plant protection. The programme will accommodate a keynote address with two plenary papers, concurrent oral sessions, and poster presentations. The conference will cover the following subjects;
- Plant Pathology
- Biocontrol and Biopesticide
- Biosecurity and Invasive species
- Biotechnology and Diagnostic
- Internet of Things (IoT) in Agriculture
- Smart Farming
- Epidemiology and Modelling
- Good Agriculture Practices
- Pesticide Science
- Pest Management
- Pesticide Application Technology
- Urban Pest Management
- Vertebrate Pests
- Weed Science
All academicians, scientists, industrialists, environmental and natural resources experts, policy makers, entrepreneurs, students, post graduate researchers and interested individuals are welcomed to attend.
- Prof. Denny Kurniadie (Universitas Padjajaran)
- Prof. Dr. Jennifer Ann Harikrishna (University of Malaya)
- Ms. Rosmawati Selamat (Department of Agriculture Malaysia)
- Mr. Cheong Jin Xi (CEO of Poladrone, Malaysia)
For more information:
Conference brochure: PDF download
Tentative Program : PDF download
Online registration is available at the following URL:
Submission of abstracts (updated June 30, 2022)
Abstracts submissions are for oral or poster presentations. Submission deadline is July 31th, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your abstract, together with information on the presenting author, as an attachment per e-mail before the deadline.
Please see the guidelines for abstract submission and oral/poster presentation: Submission-of-abstracts-11th-ICPPT [PDF].
Example template for Abstract submission.
**Important deadlines (updated July 2, 2022)
- Registration due: July 31, 2022
- Abstracts due: July 31, 2022
- Payment due: August 15, 2022
**Conference Fees (updated June 10, 2022)
Non-member: RM 1000
Member: RM 900
Local student: RM 700
International: USD 300
International student: USD200
Please note that as of June 10, 2022, the conference will only be conducted physically and all attendees are expected to attend sessions physically in person.
Below are the details for the payment instructions. Direct bank transfers in RM/USD should be routed to:
Account name: MALAYSIAN PLANT PROTECTION SOCIETY
Bank name: Maybank (Taman Sri Serdang Branch)
Bank address: Lots 231-3 Jalan 18/23, Taman Sri Serdang, Seri Kembangan, Selangor
Account no.: 012147500839
Swift code: MBBEMYKL
- For Online Transfer, please email the proof of payment to the secretariat (email@example.com).
- Students should provide a valid proof of current student status.
- Delegates will receive a receipt after payment is successfully received.
- February 25, 2022: First conference announcement, call for papers [Link]
- April 24, 2022: Website 11th ICPPT page created/updated
- April 25, 2022: Abstract guidelines and submission email updated
- June 10, 2022: Conference fees, and physical only conference mode.
- June 14, 2022: Hotel information added.
- June 30, 2022: Second announcement: Keynote speakers, abstracts & payment due date updated.
- July 2, 2022: Announcement image and registration due update.
- August 16, 2022: Tentative Program uploaded.
Dr. Norazua Zakaria
Secretary of 11th ICPPT
Department of Crop Science, Faculty of Agriculture,
Universiti Putra Malaysia,
43400 Serdang, Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Phones: +603 – 9769 4946