Update: Pre-registration session will be held on 2nd August 2016, 7.30 pm at Bilik Mendu.
Update: (July 29, 2016) Conference technical program now available. (Please refer to details in the update section)
The Malaysian Plant Protection Society (MAPPS) is pleased to organize the 9th International Conference on Plant Protection in the Tropics (9th ICPPT) from August 3 – 5, 2016, at Hilton Hotel, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia with the theme “Healthy Crops for a Healthy World”
The conference will focus on developments in the science of plant protection and discuss challenges faced by researchers, practitioners and consumers on problems related to plant protection. The programme will accommodate a keynote address with two plenary papers, concurrent oral sessions and poster presentations.
The conference will cover the following subjects:
- Plant Pathology
- Biocontrol and Biopesticide
- Biosecurity and Invasive species
- Biotechnology and Diagnostic Advancement
- Epidemiology and Modelling
- Good Agriculture Practices
- Pesticide Science
- Pest Management
- Pesticide Application Technology
- Urban Pest Management
- Vertebrate Pests
- Weed Science
For more information:
Download the second announcement PDF full brochure for details on conference fee and payment information.
Submission of extended abstracts
Extended abstracts submissions are for oral or poster presentations. Submission deadline is
April 30, 2016 May 15, 2016 June 30, 2016 July 15, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Extended abstracts of maximum 3 pages (including table and figures) are required for both oral and poster presentations. Please email your 300 word abstracts in a word document with a 3 cm margin on all sides (Arial 11, single spacing) with the following information: abstract title, all authors; also name, position, affiliation and email address of speaker/presenter, keywords, introduction, materials and methods, result and discussion, references. Abstracts must be submitted in English in the format supplied. Please send your abstract, together with information on the presenting author, as an attachment per e-mail before the deadline.
In addition, updates will be regularly posted on the MAPPS website.
**Important deadlines (Updated July 5, 2016)
- Extended abstracts due :
April 30, 2016 May 15, 2016 June 30, 2016July 15, 2016.
- Early bird payment due :
April 30, 2016May 15, 2016.
- Regular payment due : June 30, 2016.
**Payment Information (Updated May 18, 2016)
Below are the details for the payment instructions. Direct bank transfers in RM/USD should be routed to:
Account name: 9th ICPPT
Bank name: Maybank, Taman Sri Serdang Branch, Selangor, Malaysia
Account no.: 512147515524
Swift code: MBBEMYKL
Students should provide a valid proof of current student status. Delegates will receive a receipt after payment is successfully received.
Accomodations infomation and conference tour itinerary
More information here. (updated July 11, 2016)
New updated tour infomation & itinery here. (July 19, 2016)
Map/Route from Kuching International Airport to Hilton Hotel here. (July 25, 2016)
Conference technical program now available here. (July 29, 2016)
ICPPT Advertisement and Booth Rates
Please refer to the following document [PDF]
MAPPS Education Thrust Fund (ETF)
Please refer to the following page for more details.
- Oct 10, 2015: First announcement brochure updated, with conference fees revisions for international participants.
- Mar 30, 2016: Second announcement brochure now available, important dates & datelines updated.
- April 22, 2016: Second announcement brochure revised and now available.
- April 28, 2016: Updates on accomodations infomation and conference tour itinerary. Details here
- May 17, 2016: Extended abstracts submission date extended, revised payment information, and ICPPT advertisement and booth rates.
- June 6, 2016: MAPPS Education Thrust Fund (ETF) section added. Details here
- July 5, 2016: Registration and extended abstract submission deadline is extended to 15 July 2016.
- July 11, 2016: Additional accommodation option added. Details here
- July 19, 2016: New updated tour infomation & itinery. Details here
- July 25, 2016: Map/Route from Kuching International Airport to Hilton Hotel available. (Please see above, Accomodations infomation)
- July 29, 2016: Conference technical program now available here.
- (Latest update) August 2, 2016: Notice for pre-registration session, will be held on 2nd August 2016, 7.30 pm at Bilik Mendu.
Dr. Siti Izera Ismail
Secretary of 9th ICPPT
Department of Plant Protection, Block E,
Universiti Putra Malaysia,
43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Phone: +603 8947 4851
Fax : +603 8938 1014